Devon pub aims to pull in the punters...by hosting a pop-up art gallery
- Credit: Archant
Art enthusiasts aim to use unique venue as a showcase for talented local artists
A Devon pub is hoping to pull in the punters by brewing up a very novel idea...hosting an art gallery.
Locals Chas Wilson and Alistair Brice came up with the idea of a local pop-up art gallery over an early doors pint in The Sidmouth Arms, Upottery.
Both art enthusiasts and talented local craftsmen, they were keen to support the local pub, local artists and also encourage greater community spirit in these exceptional times - so Up Art 20 was born.
READ MORE: Homes Under The Hammer TV star on his ‘accidental’ rise to fame
They enlisted Emma Salter, the pub manager, and Sarah Edwards and Sarah Burchett - both local entrepreneurs - to help with bringing the concept to life and marketing the pop-up gallery with a planned opening date of 12 November, 2020.
Chas has curated an eclectic mix of artwork from over 20 local artists and friends. Their creations will be showcased in the new Art Room at The Sidmouth Arms and bookings will be taken for visitors to view and purchase from 12 November. Entrance will be free.
Anyone interested in reserving a time for viewing can ring Chas on 07394 992922.
See here for more information about the event and the artists on show.
Join our Facebook group to keep up to date with the latest news, events and people in Devon
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 10 great hill walks in Cheshire