Popular Devon Science Festival still goes ahead this year...online
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Sidmouth’s popular Science Festival are taking the event online to beat Covid restrictions
This year the 2020 Sidmouth Science Festival from the comfort of your own home.
As organisers are unable to put on the usual packed programme of hands-on activities, talks, walks and events they have moved what they can online.
They have daily talks on a number of different subjects: swifts, the Sidmouth Fatberg, power electronics, engineering to conserve the SS Great Britain, Cape Farewell, survival at the limits; from mountains to intensive care medicine, and the science of swimming.
There is a Citizen Science project to join in with, which involves observing gull behaviour and two competitions for all ages: build a rubber band car and create a Fantasy Jurassic Park.
These events are all free and some are online already. The talks run from Friday 9 to Sunday 18 October.
Check out our website for all the details and instructions of how to join the talks. You will need to register with Eventbrite on the website for each talk, then you will be sent the Zoom links: sidmouthsciencefestival.org or have a look at the Facebook page for all the latest updates.
Join our Facebook group to keep up to date with the latest news, events and people in Devon
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds