G.H. Pressley and Sons
- Credit: Archant
G.H. Pressley and Sons are a long established and traditional family business steeped in history passed down through the generations.
The Pressley name is well known in Worthing and the values that built their reputation still remain true today, those of fine quality, wide and varied choice and unrivalled customer service.
The founder, George. H. Pressley followed in his father’s footsteps as a watchmaker and jeweller, and was encouraged to leave Basingstoke for Worthing to learn the trade at Gooch’s, a reputable watchmaker in South Street. Four years later in 1900, George opened G.H. Pressley in Montague Street and never looked back. His two sons, Harry and Reg, joined in 1925 and 1930 respectively. G.H. Pressley & Sons went from strength to strength, moving to their present position in South Street in 1936. In 1960 Charles, Reg’s son entered the family company.
The advent of the Internet and ease of world travel it has opened up new markets and methods of trading. The business now encompasses all of this new technology providing the benefit of greater choice in what we offer and broadening our customer base.
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 3 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
Fully trained in every aspect of jewellery, gems and in quality of service, the passion for excellence within G.H. Pressley & Sons is as strong today as it was in 1900.
Pressleys & Etcetera 46 South Steet., Worthing, & Butter Market, North Street, Chichester