Gardeners - don’t miss the North Devon Seed Swap
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Gardeners in Devon who plan to grow food crops this year are being invited to a special seed swap event this month.
The North Devon Seed Swap will take place on Sunday, February 26, in Hartland.
And despite the name, you don’t need to take any seeds to swap. You can take some away to plant - free of charge - and return with some seeds the next year.
The event is an opportunity to meet other gardeners and get advice on which varieties of plant do well in the Devon climate.
Organisers say: “The event really is for everybody who wants to grow food, whatever your circumstances, so please come along and help make it a success.
“You might like to think of the event as a ‘building society’ (only tastier, more fun, and without the polyester uniforms) rather than just a swap. This year you take something away but you’ll invest it in your future – with the right support, you’ll be able to ‘pay it back’ eventually, and next year, someone else will benefit. There will be lots of growers, plenty of chat and light refreshments. Feel free to donate a cake!”
The Seed Swap is at Hartland Parish Hall, The Square, Hartland, EX39 6BL from 11am to 2pm on Sunday February 26. Find out more at the North Devon Seed Swap website.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex