Gardeners - don’t miss the North Devon Seed Swap
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Gardeners in Devon who plan to grow food crops this year are being invited to a special seed swap event this month.
The North Devon Seed Swap will take place on Sunday, February 26, in Hartland.
And despite the name, you don’t need to take any seeds to swap. You can take some away to plant - free of charge - and return with some seeds the next year.
The event is an opportunity to meet other gardeners and get advice on which varieties of plant do well in the Devon climate.
Organisers say: “The event really is for everybody who wants to grow food, whatever your circumstances, so please come along and help make it a success.
“You might like to think of the event as a ‘building society’ (only tastier, more fun, and without the polyester uniforms) rather than just a swap. This year you take something away but you’ll invest it in your future – with the right support, you’ll be able to ‘pay it back’ eventually, and next year, someone else will benefit. There will be lots of growers, plenty of chat and light refreshments. Feel free to donate a cake!”
The Seed Swap is at Hartland Parish Hall, The Square, Hartland, EX39 6BL from 11am to 2pm on Sunday February 26. Find out more at the North Devon Seed Swap website.
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 4 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021