Get your boots on for Lyme Regis Walking Festival
- Credit: Archant
November sees the return of the Lyme Regis Walking Festival. This family friendly event will run from 1–9 November and invites locals and visitors alike to explore the beautiful coastline and inspiring hinterland of West Dorset and East Devon.
Festival organisers, in conjunction with the Lyme Regis Business Group, are promising beautiful walks and organized activities in and around the town aimed at encouraging families and individuals to pull on their walking boots and get out into the fresh air to enjoy the stunning coastline and hinterland of this very special corner of Dorset.
Chairman of Lyme Regis Business Group, Tony Colston explains, ‘Lyme Regis is glorious and full of visitors during the summer months, but we want to share it’s dramatic beauty during the autumn and winter months as well. This will also help to extend the season for our local businesses and encourage more people to come to the town when it isn’t as busy.
’Several hotels, guest houses, and b&b’s are offering special rates to visitors during the festival period while Lyme Regis’ resident guided walk experts – covering fossil, history and literary walks to name but a few – will be running a special programme of walks during the Festival and local bookshop, Serendip is offering independent festival walkers a 15% discount on the walking book, Walks Along the West Jurassic Coast.
Details of all organized events and offers will be posted on www.lymeregis.org and the Festival’s facebook page – www.facebook.com/lymeregiswalkingfestival.
For more information call Tony Colston, Lyme Regis Business Organisation on 07770 275641
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 5 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 6 great walks near Skipton
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit