Get your boots on for Lyme Regis Walking Festival
- Credit: Archant
November sees the return of the Lyme Regis Walking Festival. This family friendly event will run from 1–9 November and invites locals and visitors alike to explore the beautiful coastline and inspiring hinterland of West Dorset and East Devon.
Festival organisers, in conjunction with the Lyme Regis Business Group, are promising beautiful walks and organized activities in and around the town aimed at encouraging families and individuals to pull on their walking boots and get out into the fresh air to enjoy the stunning coastline and hinterland of this very special corner of Dorset.
Chairman of Lyme Regis Business Group, Tony Colston explains, ‘Lyme Regis is glorious and full of visitors during the summer months, but we want to share it’s dramatic beauty during the autumn and winter months as well. This will also help to extend the season for our local businesses and encourage more people to come to the town when it isn’t as busy.
’Several hotels, guest houses, and b&b’s are offering special rates to visitors during the festival period while Lyme Regis’ resident guided walk experts – covering fossil, history and literary walks to name but a few – will be running a special programme of walks during the Festival and local bookshop, Serendip is offering independent festival walkers a 15% discount on the walking book, Walks Along the West Jurassic Coast.
Details of all organized events and offers will be posted on www.lymeregis.org and the Festival’s facebook page – www.facebook.com/lymeregiswalkingfestival.
For more information call Tony Colston, Lyme Regis Business Organisation on 07770 275641
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 3 walks for foodies in Derbyshire
- 9 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 10 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022