GFirst LEP celebrated its 2nd anniversary at the Parabola Arts Centre in Cheltenham
- Credit: Archant
GFirst LEP were delighted that over 200 delegates were able to attend and hear their exciting plans for Growing Gloucestershire from Diane, David and Board Members. Steve Mould also entertained guests with his amazing illusions, and a personal video message from Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP, Minister for Business and Enterprise endorsed the work of GFirst LEP.
Diane Savory, Chair of GFirst LEP and former Chief Operating Officer of SuperGroup, said: “GFirst LEP is led by business, for business – I want to thank all those who have worked with us to help grow Gloucestershire in the last two years. The energy, expertise and commitment of the business community, county and district councils, colleges and universities have been invaluable.”
We were also able to hear some of the achievements in the last 12 months which included:
• Gloucestershire is ranked first in the country, alongside London, for having the greatest proportion of employees in export intensive industries.
• In the last nine months, nearly 4,000 start-up businesses were successfully launched across the county.
• The three year business survival rate in Gloucestershire is greater than any other county in England, except Cumbria.
Our congratulations go to those Ambassadors that received an award today for their outstanding work and contribution to making a difference in the last year:
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
• Paul Fong, Managing Director of Hunter Page Planning Ltd.
• Ian Selwood, Managing Partner of Randall & Payne.
• Beth Whittaker, Director of Viva Communications.
• Qing Lin, Director of Join In China.
• Darren Stevens, Managing Director of Prestbury Marketing & Consulting Ltd.
• Chris Isaac, Creative Director of Isaac Partnership Ltd.
If you would like to download the annual report or are interested in becoming an Ambassador, then please visit www.gl-am.com/annualreport