- Credit: Archant
We are Exeter’s premier quality fishmonger. Since 1992 we have been providing AWARD WINNING FRESH FISH to the people of Devon.
We are listed in the Guardian’s Ultimate Guide to Britain’s Finest Independent Shops and Suppliers.
We personally buy all our own seafish early, each and every morning from Brixham fish market, arguably the best fish market in the UK.
Because we personally buy our own fish this ensures that the QUALITY and FRESHNESS is unsurpassable, so much so that Gibson’s Plaice has just won Devon’s Fishmonger of the Year.
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire
Because we buy predominantly from the smaller day boats, which return daily to Brixham to land their catch, not only does this ensure the quality of the fish we buy, it also keeps the food miles to a minimum. Whenever possible we have a policy of buying line-caught and sustainable local fish.
Our home delivery service includes a vacuum-packing service which is totally leakage and odour free for easy refrigerator storage for up to three days. We offer free deliveries throughout Exeter and the surrounding villages and there is also free parking in Magdalen Road.