- Credit: Archant
We are Exeter’s premier quality fishmonger. Since 1992 we have been providing AWARD WINNING FRESH FISH to the people of Devon.
We are listed in the Guardian’s Ultimate Guide to Britain’s Finest Independent Shops and Suppliers.
We personally buy all our own seafish early, each and every morning from Brixham fish market, arguably the best fish market in the UK.
Because we personally buy our own fish this ensures that the QUALITY and FRESHNESS is unsurpassable, so much so that Gibson’s Plaice has just won Devon’s Fishmonger of the Year.
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 The best places to visit on a short break in Glossop
- 10 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
Because we buy predominantly from the smaller day boats, which return daily to Brixham to land their catch, not only does this ensure the quality of the fish we buy, it also keeps the food miles to a minimum. Whenever possible we have a policy of buying line-caught and sustainable local fish.
Our home delivery service includes a vacuum-packing service which is totally leakage and odour free for easy refrigerator storage for up to three days. We offer free deliveries throughout Exeter and the surrounding villages and there is also free parking in Magdalen Road.