Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
Bryan Ferry and The Bryan Ferry Orchestra will perform in the spectacular grounds of Glastonbury Abbey.
Acclaimed as an innovative and stylish musician, songwriter and singer, Bryan Ferry will perform at The Extravaganza presented by Glastonbury Festivals on 11 August.
Previous stars to appear at the event include Status Quo, Madness, Van Morrison and Jools Holland.
Festival founder Michael Eavis, who has staged the Extravaganza in the spectacular ruins of the Abbey for 17 years, took a break in 2012 when the world famous Glastonbury Festival had a fallow year.
The concert is his ‘thank you’ to local people but also Michael is an ambassador for the Abbey, which running an appeal to conserve the ruins and enhance the visitor experience for future generations.
Michael says: “The concert is an opportunity for local people who can’t always get to the Festival in Pilton to enjoy something extra special in this lovely town.”
Ticket bookings can be made at the Abbey Shop or online at glastonburyabbey.com/Extravaganza
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 5 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District