Gloucestershire businesses network at Tayntons Curry Club Lunch
- Credit: Archant
This month’s Curry Club hosted by Tayntons solicitors in Gloucester were joined by guest speaker Susie Godwin of the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
The networking event, at Indian and Thai restaurant Vinings in Gloucester Docks, attracted a good turnout of local business professionals.
Susie spoke to highlight the plight of the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, which saves hundreds of lives a year and yet are not government or lottery funded, relying entirely on donations from the public, national and local businesses and legacies. She said: “It costs 6.5 million a year to keep three helicopters operational with each carrying a crew consisting of a pilot, one or two paramedics, a flight doctor and full life-support medical equipment.
“We cover an area of 5000 square miles, and the maximum flying time to hospital from anywhere in the region is less than 15 minutes, enabling us in a typical year to attend 1048 road traffic accidents, 176 industrial accidents, 432 sporting injuries, 100 emergency hospital trips and 188 airlifts of critically ill children.
“Our motto is ‘saving lives by saving time’, and we are able to do this through the donations from people we meet through events such as this. “Winning and keeping hearts and minds is an essential and constant challenge.”
Around 50 people attended the well-organised networking dinner held by leading solicitors’ practice Tayntons who have offices in Clarence Street, Gloucester. Alan Bird, senior Partner at Tayntons said: “We are very pleased with the continued success of the Curry Club, and delighted that Susie Godwin agreed to be our guest speaker.
“The Midlands Air Ambulance Charity often makes the difference between life and death for people within Gloucestershire and the other five counties covered.
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 9 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022
- 10 3 walks for foodies in Derbyshire
“They are there for us when we need them the very most, and they offer this service 365 days a year despite no government funding.
“They deserve recognition for this, and we hope to raise awareness and funds to allow them to continue this valiant cause.”
For further information about Tayntons Solicitors, telephone 01452 522047, email email@example.com or visit www.tayntons.co.uk