Gloucestershire businesses network at Tayntons Curry Club Lunch
- Credit: Archant
This month’s Curry Club hosted by Tayntons solicitors in Gloucester were joined by guest speaker Susie Godwin of the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
The networking event, at Indian and Thai restaurant Vinings in Gloucester Docks, attracted a good turnout of local business professionals.
Susie spoke to highlight the plight of the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, which saves hundreds of lives a year and yet are not government or lottery funded, relying entirely on donations from the public, national and local businesses and legacies. She said: “It costs 6.5 million a year to keep three helicopters operational with each carrying a crew consisting of a pilot, one or two paramedics, a flight doctor and full life-support medical equipment.
“We cover an area of 5000 square miles, and the maximum flying time to hospital from anywhere in the region is less than 15 minutes, enabling us in a typical year to attend 1048 road traffic accidents, 176 industrial accidents, 432 sporting injuries, 100 emergency hospital trips and 188 airlifts of critically ill children.
“Our motto is ‘saving lives by saving time’, and we are able to do this through the donations from people we meet through events such as this. “Winning and keeping hearts and minds is an essential and constant challenge.”
Around 50 people attended the well-organised networking dinner held by leading solicitors’ practice Tayntons who have offices in Clarence Street, Gloucester. Alan Bird, senior Partner at Tayntons said: “We are very pleased with the continued success of the Curry Club, and delighted that Susie Godwin agreed to be our guest speaker.
“The Midlands Air Ambulance Charity often makes the difference between life and death for people within Gloucestershire and the other five counties covered.
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 8 The best places to visit on a short break in Glossop
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
“They are there for us when we need them the very most, and they offer this service 365 days a year despite no government funding.
“They deserve recognition for this, and we hope to raise awareness and funds to allow them to continue this valiant cause.”
For further information about Tayntons Solicitors, telephone 01452 522047, email email@example.com or visit www.tayntons.co.uk