Gloucestershire College teams up with Cheltenham’s Chelsea Bar & Brasserie
- Credit: Archant
Gloucestershire College has launched a vocational training collaboration with Chelsea Bar & Brasserie in Cheltenham.
The popular town centre eatery will have six students training and working at any one time, exposing them to a real working environment and the successes and challenges catering and hospitality professionals celebrate and overcome on a daily basis.
Gloucestershire is punching above in terms of its produce, chefs and restaurants, and this collaboration will equip students with the skills they need to succeed in this thriving industry.
Chelsea Bar & Brasserie is a contemporary cocktail bar and restaurant on St George’s Place, which serves a menu of modern British cuisine infused with European influences and techniques.
Gareth Crwys-Williams, Head of School for Catering and Hospitality, said: “As the leading Chef Training School in the county, we’re thrilled to be joining forces with Chelsea Bar & Brasserie on this unique venture.
“The collaboration will enable our students to hone their cooking and service skills in a commercial environment, showcasing their talents to the public and other local employers. Working with and supporting local businesses is something we value highly at Gloucestershire College and it’s great to be teaming up with the Brasserie Group.”
CEO of the Brasserie Group, Abdul Mannan, said: “This joint venture with Gloucestershire College is very exciting for myself and the staff at Chelsea Bar & Brasserie. We are all looking forward to working together and delivering our expertise to the students.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 5 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 6 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire