Gloucestershire College teams up with Cheltenham’s Chelsea Bar & Brasserie
- Credit: Archant
Gloucestershire College has launched a vocational training collaboration with Chelsea Bar & Brasserie in Cheltenham.
The popular town centre eatery will have six students training and working at any one time, exposing them to a real working environment and the successes and challenges catering and hospitality professionals celebrate and overcome on a daily basis.
Gloucestershire is punching above in terms of its produce, chefs and restaurants, and this collaboration will equip students with the skills they need to succeed in this thriving industry.
Chelsea Bar & Brasserie is a contemporary cocktail bar and restaurant on St George’s Place, which serves a menu of modern British cuisine infused with European influences and techniques.
Gareth Crwys-Williams, Head of School for Catering and Hospitality, said: “As the leading Chef Training School in the county, we’re thrilled to be joining forces with Chelsea Bar & Brasserie on this unique venture.
“The collaboration will enable our students to hone their cooking and service skills in a commercial environment, showcasing their talents to the public and other local employers. Working with and supporting local businesses is something we value highly at Gloucestershire College and it’s great to be teaming up with the Brasserie Group.”
CEO of the Brasserie Group, Abdul Mannan, said: “This joint venture with Gloucestershire College is very exciting for myself and the staff at Chelsea Bar & Brasserie. We are all looking forward to working together and delivering our expertise to the students.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go