Guildford Tourist Board
- Credit: Archant
The vibrant market town of Guildford, surrounded by the Surrey Hills offers days out for the girls, the boys, families or just on your own.
Guildford Tourist Information Centre has information on hand to help you plan your day, give directions and suggest places to visit or events you probably never knew existed!
The town centre is steeped in heritage and many sites are free including The Guildhall, Guildford Museum, The Undercroft, Guildford House Gallery and the castle grounds. Climb to the top of the Great Tower for the most stunning views of the surrounding countryside, or take a free guided walk with the town guides.
Go messing about on the river, with rowing boats for hire, or a day boat to see the sights from a different angle. Stay and enjoy quality drama at the Yvonne Arnaud theatre, a concert, show or comedy at G Live or the Electric Theatre.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
Go to www.visitguildford.com or contact Guildford Tourist Information Centre on 01483 444333 or email email@example.com.
Explore the Surrey Hills Area of Natural Beauty, renowned as the home of road cycling, and stunning countryside walks.
Visit a park such as Painshill at Cobham and Winkworth Arboretum in Godalming, or an historic house like Clandon Park, Hatchlands Park or Polesden Lacey (all National Trust) or the privately owned Loseley Park - which regularly appears on TV as the backdrop to drama’s such as Midsummer Murders.
Explore Surrey’s visual arts with a visit to Watts Gallery - featured in the TV programme Restoration, coming 2nd and recently reopened following extensive work, the delightful shop and tea room and beautiful countryside make this an ideal stop.
Look out for events and festivals: International Music Festival, Surrey Hills Music Festival, Guildford Book Festival, Surrey County Show, Weyfest and Dunsfold Wings and Wheels - Contact Guildford Tourist Information Centre for a list of current events or visit www.visitguildford.com and click on the Box Office.