Hall & Woodhouse Beer Festival returns
- Credit: Archant
Last year’s Beer Festival at the Hall & Woodhouse Brewery in Blandford, Dorset was an outstanding success and this year’s event on 27th September at the Hall & Woodhouse Brewery, Blandford, Dorset – hopes to add even more to the funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
“The turn out last year and the atmosphere was better than we could have imagined – so we didn’t hesitate to get this year’s date in the diary,” explained Head Brewer at Hall & Woodhouse, Toby Heasman. “We will have more than 33 cask beers to try and a veritable orchard of ciders too, so we hope to see plenty of people on the day trying new ales and ciders and enjoying the bands we have coming”.
Music will be provided by a trio of different bands; Brementown are a three-piece, Dorset –based contemporary folk band, playing a mix of modern and traditional instruments and offering folk songs, shanties and dances. The Tin Pan Allies are a strolling vaudeville band playing acoustic jazzy entertainment and finally, a three piece Ukulele band The Mother Ukers will play modern day classics with a spot of ‘Ukular Fusion’ thrown in for good measure.
Toby added; “We are also holding a Silent Auction and I’ve promised that I will host an exclusive beer tasting as an auction Lot, and one other lucky winner will also have the opportunity win their height in beer. No stilts allowed just in case anyone was thinking of bringing a pair along!”
Hall & Woodhouse is grateful to the many local breweries in the South West who have been keen to support the Beer Festival – these include: Piddle Brewery, Palmers, Sixpenny Brewery, Otter Brewery, Small Paul Brewery, Corfe Castle, Dorset Brewing Company., Isle of Purbeck, Hopback, Keystone, Yeovil Ales, Timothy Taylor with nine ciders from Hall & Woodhouse, Westons and the local Cranborne Chase Cider.
Tickets costing £5 are available on line at www.hallwoodhousebeerfest.com and there will be a LIMITED number of tickets available on the day. All money raised will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 8 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 9 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 10 12 great places to eat al fresco in Suffolk