Don't miss Hampton Court Palace's divine tulip display this spring
- Credit: Derek Winterburn / Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)
When John Skeleton wrote 'Hampton court hath the preeminence' in his poem Why come ye not to court? no truer words have been said.
And perhaps Hampton Court Palace hits peak preeminence during its annual Tulip Festival, for when the grounds come alive with the vibrant and plush plumage of the decadent Tulip, it certainly is a feast for the eyes.
You can expect a show-stopping display of tulips at Hampton Court as 120,000 bulbs encompassing 60 different varieties have been planted on the grounds of the iconic palace!
And as if there wasn't enough horticultural wizardry at this year's festival, there will also be over 60 rare, historical and specialist varieties inspired by Mary ll's famous 17th-century collection.
Access to the Tulip festival is included with standard admission tickets. If the family wants to get in on all the action, be sure to visit alongside the Hampton Court Palace Easter Egg Hunt, which runs from Saturday 2nd to Monday 18th April, for an action-packed day out!
Where: Hampton Ct Way, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9AU
When: Tuesday 12th April to Monday 2nd May 2022 between 10 am and 5.30 pm
More information: www.hrp.org.uk/hampton-court-palace-tulip-festival-2022
- 1 Scotney Castle makes an appearance in Netflix's The Sandman
- 2 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 3 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 4 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 5 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 6 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 These 6 Norfolk beaches have been awarded the Blue Flag for 2022
- 9 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 10 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset