Harrogate Film Festival overcomes Snowmageddon to achieve its mission
- Credit: Archant
Despite the deluge of snow, Harrogate Film Festival waded ahead with its plans to engage film watchers and film-makers at a series of events.
The Harrogate Film Festival overcame the adverse weather to celebrate the medium of film with a series of special events over a snowy weekend in North Yorkshire.
Highlights included A Night at the Museum, where artefacts at The Royal Pump Museum came to life, a Bond Night within the luxurious surroundings of Cardamom Black and a unique 36 bus film tour around four locations in our beautiful spa town. Not to forget the all-important film-makers competition which attracted over 400 entries, from countries across the globe. With one film-maker travelling all the way from Canada to attend!
The worthy winners in each film category then received their awards during a ceremony at Everyman Cinema on Sunday evening. Filmmaker, Javier Badillo from Vancouver picked up the “Audience Choice Award” for the hilarious Fatal Rhapsody – as voted for by the people of Harrogate. Jethro Massey from Paris and Adam Spinks from Wales were also in attendance to pick-up their gongs.
Commenting on the festival, Adam Chandler, managing director at Harrogate Film Festival said, “Despite the disappointing weather conditions, everybody who attended the festival had a great time. There really were some unique experiences on offer and I would like to thank all who attended, the film-makers and our sponsors for supporting us with these special events.”
Everyman Cinema who hosted several different events as part of the festival, said “The festival was another huge success, it was great having filmmakers from across the world attending and we are very much looking forward to welcoming them back in 2019”
Harrogate Film Festival will return in March 2019, cementing its place in Harrogate’s cultural calendar for the third year.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Why presentation is so important when selling a home
- 6 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 7 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire
- 8 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District