Heartfelt support for Evesham Cardiac Rehab by celebrity
- Credit: Archant
Author and television celebrity Sally Bee has been appointed to represent the Evesham Vale Cardiac Rehab charity, as its first Patron.
The charity was set up five years ago by Evesham Councillor Gerry O’Donnell, who had suffered a heart attack in 1991. His vision was to establish a community based cardiac rehab facility, fully integrated into the discharge pathway of hospital Cardiology Units. Located at the Evesham Leisure Centre, programmes of supervised exercise are supported by counselling, nutritional advice and overall rehabilitation guidance. At risk patients are welcome, alongside those recovering from heart surgery.
Sally Bee, from Stratford-upon-Avon, lives with a rare heart condition and suffered three life threatening heart attacks in 2004. She has actively campaigned to raise the profile of heart disease ever since, telling her story to a national television audience on programmes such as This Morning, The Alan Titchmarsh Show and Daybreak. She is a trained cognitive therapy counsellor, an NHS accredited Expert Patient and an Ambassador for The Patients Association. She writes a regular column for The Daily Mail, called ‘The Expert Patient’ and has published four healthy eating recipe books as well as a guide to life following a heart attack.
“Cutting edge technology in the operating theatre is pointless if you’re not encouraged to live a normal life again afterwards,” she says. “Evesham Cardiac Rehab provides the vital support needed to help people grow in confidence and take better control of their future health. I am delighted to support the charity and hope my media profile will be helpful as the trustees implement plans to develop the unit in the future.”
Sally will be formally introduced as the new Patron at a black tie charity dinner, on March 29 at The Wood Norton Hotel, in Evesham. She will be joined by guest speaker Mark Webster, ITN journalist.
The cost of the fundraising dinner is £35 per person. To reserve places contact Marie Horne on 01386 565 201 or email email@example.com
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 8 Simon Reeve explores the Lake District his new series
- 9 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 10 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520