Help Minerva Bath Rowing Club raise funds for new loos
- Credit: Archant
After 99 years of rowing and a single portaloo, Minerva Bath Rowing Club is hoping to build a new changing facilities block.
Following a £50,000 grant from Sport England, the club is hoping to raise extra funds towards the new changing block which will include access to fresh running water and sewerage, as well as a changing room.
The club currently has a sole portaloo in the car park. In a bid to raise awareness of the club’s need for new toilets BBC presenter John Inverdale and Gold medallist rowing legend James Cracknell, who recently filmed coverage of the World Rowing from Minerva Bath, joined the queue for the one and only loo.
In order to raise extra funds to accompany the Sport England grant, Minerva Bath Rowing Club will be holding a day long event titled ‘The Road to Gold Ergothon’. During the day, club members will recreates Helen Glovers’ ostensible road to gold by rowing the 152,700 meters from their Boat House in Bath to Eton Dorney.
Club members, Bath Uni rowers, World Class Start rowers and members of the public will help meet the target by rowing 500-2000m each. As well as this the Squad Captains will run a mini squad competition on the day nicknamed “The Golden Portaloo” - it will consist of a 4 x 500m relay between teams drawn randomly and made up of members from all different squads.
The event will take place on Saturday 21st September, 2013 at the Southgate Centre in Bath. For more information see www.minervabathrc.org.uk or email email@example.com
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
- 9 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 10 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit