Henshaws Society for Blind People charity ball, Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel, Manchester
- Credit: Archant
A splash of colour enhanced a fun-packed ball staged by Manchester’s oldest charity, Henshaws Society for Blind People, at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel in the city centre.
The ball’s theme was ‘black tie with a bright and colourful twist’.
Henshaws ambassadors Coronation Street star, Paula Lane and her partner Tom Shaw, and professional dancer Faye Huddlestone added glamour to the occasion. Over £5,000 was raised to support Henshaws’ work with people affected by sight loss and other disabilities.
More than 160 guests attended, with Henshaws service users, volunteers and supporters all celebrating together, including corporate supporters Cargill, Slater Heelis and Trafford Housing Trust.
BBC Radio Manchester’s City commentator and sports presenter of the year 2012, Ian Cheeseman, auctioned off prizes, including tickets to watch a Manchester City match with him in the press box.
Entertainment from the Royal Northern College of Music kept everyone dancing until the late hours. Under 21s Latin Jazz champions, Natasha Jackson and Daniele Emiliano, wowed the crowds with a fabulous routine and auctioned off dance lessons.
- 1 6 of the best October walks in Cheshire
- 2 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 6 of the best October walks in Yorkshire
- 5 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 6 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 7 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 8 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 12 great things to do in Tiverton