Henshaws Society for Blind People charity ball, Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel, Manchester
- Credit: Archant
A splash of colour enhanced a fun-packed ball staged by Manchester’s oldest charity, Henshaws Society for Blind People, at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel in the city centre.
The ball’s theme was ‘black tie with a bright and colourful twist’.
Henshaws ambassadors Coronation Street star, Paula Lane and her partner Tom Shaw, and professional dancer Faye Huddlestone added glamour to the occasion. Over £5,000 was raised to support Henshaws’ work with people affected by sight loss and other disabilities.
More than 160 guests attended, with Henshaws service users, volunteers and supporters all celebrating together, including corporate supporters Cargill, Slater Heelis and Trafford Housing Trust.
BBC Radio Manchester’s City commentator and sports presenter of the year 2012, Ian Cheeseman, auctioned off prizes, including tickets to watch a Manchester City match with him in the press box.
Entertainment from the Royal Northern College of Music kept everyone dancing until the late hours. Under 21s Latin Jazz champions, Natasha Jackson and Daniele Emiliano, wowed the crowds with a fabulous routine and auctioned off dance lessons.
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 Property of the month: Godfreys Farmhouse, Great Totham
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West