Highbullen Hotel launches fine art courses
- Credit: Archant
This summer, North Devon’s award-winning Highbullen Hotel is launching a series of fine art courses with local artist Jon Lincoln Gordon
Nestled in the Mole Valley, the hotel and its 125 acres have views stretching from Exmoor to Dartmoor and across the valley, which provide an inspirational backdrop for students. Jon Lincoln Gordon, who is local to the area and famed for his Exmoor and Dartmoor landscapes, will be running two and three day residential courses covering a range of media and techniques for all abilities. The courses include drawing and water colours for beginners, mixed media painting and botanical printmaking. Taking place over the summer, the courses will make the most of the spectacular light and long evenings found in Devon at this time of year. Five courses, all residential and starting on a Monday, are currently scheduled:
6-9 July – A three day ‘Creative Landscape’ course using all painting and drawing materials.
10-13 August – A two or three day ‘Water Colours for Beginners’ course.
24-27 August – The second ‘Creative Landscape’ course.
28 September – 1 October – A three day ‘Botanical Printmaking’ course.
A two day course (staying two nights) costs £349 per person, sharing a twin or double room, or £449 per person for single occupancy. A three day course, staying three nights, costs £525 per person sharing a room, or £649 per person for single occupancy. Prices include meals, art classes and drink receptions. The hotel’s award-winning restaurant and exceptional sports facilities are also at the disposal of attendees. “I cannot think of many places with more inspiring views than we have at Highbullen”, comments Ronnie Orr, Resort Director of Highbullen. “It is lush and green in the summer and dramatic and majestic in winter – so art courses are a natural thing for us to be offering.”
To book, call 01769540561 or visit www.highbullen.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Kelvin Fletcher's Big Farming Adventure
- 2 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 5 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Things you may not know about Sarah Beeny's New Life In The Country
- 8 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 5 of the best places to see snowdrops in Somerset