Higos Staff Taking Part in World Record Attempt
Six staff from Higos Insurance Services are taking part in a world record attempt skydive in aid of The Prince's Trust.
Six staff from Higos Insurance Services are taking part in a world record attempt skydive in aid of The Prince’s Trust.
On 25 July Lorna Wickham, Zoe Travetti, Emily Wright, Becky Kirby Liana Wyatt and Neville Fouracre will be skydiving from an aircraft travelling at 15,000ft at Dunkeswell Airfield, Honiton. The venue is aiming to beat the record for the most people to skydive in one day and are aiming to have 150 people jumping from the sky on the day.
The skydive is in aid of The Prince’s Trust Million Makers Challenge. A team of Higos staff are taking the challenge and organising a number of events, aiming to raise �10,000 for the charity in the next six months.
Million Makers is a national competition, challenging teams of employees to come together and raise �1 million for The Prince’s Trust and make a real difference to the lives of disadvantaged young people across the UK.
Higos staff took part in a skydive last year. Natalie Chantry, Manager of Higos’ Crewkerne branch, described her skydive as ‘the most exhilarating experience of my life… the views were phenomenal and free-falling at approx 120 mph was quite literally breathtaking.’ The Higos team which took part in the challenge last year raised over �7,000.
Further events are planned over the forthcoming months including a Sports Day and a 1920’s themed Charity Ball in November.
To support the Higos staff please visit their fundraising website: http://www.justgiving.com/teamignite
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon