Hindhead’s Langham Court to become a centre of excellence for dementia care
- Credit: Archant
Local dignitaries, care professionals and project members celebrated the grand opening of Huntington House’s new care home in Hindhead, Langham Court.
Attendees were treated to delicious canapés and Champagne chilled in a magnificent ice sculpture on arrival.
Dr Anne Hunter, a long time acquaintance of proprietor Marilyn Hoare and founder member of Alzheimer’s Society, spoke about the early days of Alzheimer’s awareness and the difference in dementia care thirty years ago.
Despite being unable to attend due to commitments in Westminster, health secretary Jeremy Hunt MP left a message which was read out by the care home’s owner Geoffrey Hoare.
“I was initially shown round the site in the summer and was immediately struck by the innovative design of the building and the attention to detail in ensuring that the residents receive the best possible care,” he said.
“What is more striking, however, is the passion and motivation of the Hoare family to provide a specialist dementia care home of outstanding quality and repute within the area and develop the expertise of their staff to support that.”
Set to become a centre of excellence for dementia care in the local community, Langham Court also boasts number of quirky features for residents including a bar, shopfronts and a traditional telephone box.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 2 8 great family walks in the North West
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 5 6 places to view snowdrops in Yorkshire
- 6 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 7 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 8 6 great walks near Warrington
- 9 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Find out more about Langham Court at: www.huntingtonhouse.co.uk or call 01428 604600.