Hindhead’s Langham Court to become a centre of excellence for dementia care
- Credit: Archant
Local dignitaries, care professionals and project members celebrated the grand opening of Huntington House’s new care home in Hindhead, Langham Court.
Attendees were treated to delicious canapés and Champagne chilled in a magnificent ice sculpture on arrival.
Dr Anne Hunter, a long time acquaintance of proprietor Marilyn Hoare and founder member of Alzheimer’s Society, spoke about the early days of Alzheimer’s awareness and the difference in dementia care thirty years ago.
Despite being unable to attend due to commitments in Westminster, health secretary Jeremy Hunt MP left a message which was read out by the care home’s owner Geoffrey Hoare.
“I was initially shown round the site in the summer and was immediately struck by the innovative design of the building and the attention to detail in ensuring that the residents receive the best possible care,” he said.
“What is more striking, however, is the passion and motivation of the Hoare family to provide a specialist dementia care home of outstanding quality and repute within the area and develop the expertise of their staff to support that.”
Set to become a centre of excellence for dementia care in the local community, Langham Court also boasts number of quirky features for residents including a bar, shopfronts and a traditional telephone box.
- 1 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 9 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
Find out more about Langham Court at: www.huntingtonhouse.co.uk or call 01428 604600.