Hix at the Races pop-up club and restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Hix at the Races, a collaboration between The Lucky Onion and Hix Restaurants, will take place March 10-13 2015 during Cheltenham race week.
The partnership will see The Lucky Onion’s 13 bedroom hotel, No.38 The Park, transformed into a pop-up private HIX club and restaurant, located 10 minutes from the race course.
The club will house a Mark’s Bar for all-day cocktails and a Hix restaurant with a British offering designed exclusively for the Cheltenham races.
Experienced chef, restaurateur and food writer Mark Hix is known for his original take on British gastronomy, and if there is a theme in his cooking, it’s simplicity. At No.38 you can expect to see classics such as Sirloin of Mighty Marbled Glenarm Estate Beef and Dorset Blue Lobster. Brunch dishes include De Beauvoire Smoked Salmon ‘Hix Cure’ with Scrambled Burford Brown Eggs and Peter Gott’s Black Pudding Hash with a Double Yolker. De Beauvoir smoked salmon ‘Hix Cure’ was initially produced by Mark Hix at his home in North London, curing the salmon in salt and molasses and smoking it with oak and apple chips. It’s now served at all Hix restaurants.
Mark’s Bar, nestled inside the Hix pop-up club, will showcase a cocktail list of historical curiosities and celebrations such as the cherry-based Hix Fix and the Haig Club single grain Whisky Sour. Alternatively, visitors could start the night with a classic Negroni with Tanqueray No. TEN, or a Ketel One Vodka Espresso Martini.
To book for brunch or supper at No.38 The Park, email email@example.com
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 8 Property of the month: Godfreys Farmhouse, Great Totham
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds