Hix at the Races pop-up club and restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Hix at the Races, a collaboration between The Lucky Onion and Hix Restaurants, will take place March 10-13 2015 during Cheltenham race week.
The partnership will see The Lucky Onion’s 13 bedroom hotel, No.38 The Park, transformed into a pop-up private HIX club and restaurant, located 10 minutes from the race course.
The club will house a Mark’s Bar for all-day cocktails and a Hix restaurant with a British offering designed exclusively for the Cheltenham races.
Experienced chef, restaurateur and food writer Mark Hix is known for his original take on British gastronomy, and if there is a theme in his cooking, it’s simplicity. At No.38 you can expect to see classics such as Sirloin of Mighty Marbled Glenarm Estate Beef and Dorset Blue Lobster. Brunch dishes include De Beauvoire Smoked Salmon ‘Hix Cure’ with Scrambled Burford Brown Eggs and Peter Gott’s Black Pudding Hash with a Double Yolker. De Beauvoir smoked salmon ‘Hix Cure’ was initially produced by Mark Hix at his home in North London, curing the salmon in salt and molasses and smoking it with oak and apple chips. It’s now served at all Hix restaurants.
Mark’s Bar, nestled inside the Hix pop-up club, will showcase a cocktail list of historical curiosities and celebrations such as the cherry-based Hix Fix and the Haig Club single grain Whisky Sour. Alternatively, visitors could start the night with a classic Negroni with Tanqueray No. TEN, or a Ketel One Vodka Espresso Martini.
To book for brunch or supper at No.38 The Park, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 9 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022
- 10 10 new hobbies to try in Essex in 2022