Hog roast & hot jazz on a summer’s evening at Merriments
- Credit: Archant
Merriments in Hurst Green, East Sussex, will again host the popular Sussex Jazz Kings on the evening of Friday 25th July in their wonderful show-garden filled with exuberant planting.
This lovely summer event promises a laid back evening of great jazz music with a lovely, rare opportunity to experience the Merriments garden in the evening light.
The Sussex Jazz Kings are led by Dave Stradwick, the well-known player of hot traditional jazz trumpet. His ‘Jazz Kings’ play a traditional New Orleans Jazz style and are one of our country’s busiest bands performing all over the UK and abroad.
Merriments garden will be in full swing in July with its celebrated towering golden borders providing a very English setting to the Jazz. The ticket price of £15 includes great food too and guests can tuck into a fabulous Hog Roast and accompanying salads or home-made vegetarian summer treats.
Gates will open at 6pm. The Sussex Jazz Kings will play from 7pm with hog roast to follow at 7.30pm. There will also be a bar, raffle and coconut shy.
Tickets are £15 per person to include hog roast and salads, vegetarian options will also be available. Booking is essential for this very popular event, tickets can be purchased on: 01580 860666.
- 1 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 4 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 5 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 8 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich