Hog roast & hot jazz on a summer’s evening at Merriments
- Credit: Archant
Merriments in Hurst Green, East Sussex, will again host the popular Sussex Jazz Kings on the evening of Friday 25th July in their wonderful show-garden filled with exuberant planting.
This lovely summer event promises a laid back evening of great jazz music with a lovely, rare opportunity to experience the Merriments garden in the evening light.
The Sussex Jazz Kings are led by Dave Stradwick, the well-known player of hot traditional jazz trumpet. His ‘Jazz Kings’ play a traditional New Orleans Jazz style and are one of our country’s busiest bands performing all over the UK and abroad.
Merriments garden will be in full swing in July with its celebrated towering golden borders providing a very English setting to the Jazz. The ticket price of £15 includes great food too and guests can tuck into a fabulous Hog Roast and accompanying salads or home-made vegetarian summer treats.
Gates will open at 6pm. The Sussex Jazz Kings will play from 7pm with hog roast to follow at 7.30pm. There will also be a bar, raffle and coconut shy.
Tickets are £15 per person to include hog roast and salads, vegetarian options will also be available. Booking is essential for this very popular event, tickets can be purchased on: 01580 860666.
- 1 6 of the best October walks in Cheshire
- 2 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 6 of the best October walks in Yorkshire
- 5 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 6 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 7 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 8 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 12 great things to do in Tiverton