Inspired by Glass floral exhibition, St Mary and All Saints, Great Budworth
- Credit: Archant
Beautiful floral creations were displayed at a flower festival at St Mary and All Saints, Great Budworth, over three autumnal sunny days.
A steady flow of visitors to the church admired the creations, all on the theme ‘Inspired by Glass’.
Organiser Sylvia Godber said: ‘The reason for the celebration was to top up the funds for the bill to restore and clean the central east window and the west window.’
The central east window is one of three in the east end of the church designed by the Victorian stained glass artist, Charles Eamer Kempe, who specialised in look alike medieval glass.
There are many examples of his work in other Cheshire churches.
The team of arrangers included ladies from a flower club affiliated to NAFAS (National Association of Flower Arranging Societies) namely Mid-Cheshire Flower Club and the regular church flower arrangers. Over £2,000 were raised from the venture.
- 1 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 2 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 12 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 9 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
- 10 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire