InStep Devon - new running network to be launched
- Credit: Archant
A new network has been launched in Devon to help new runners get started and support seasoned athletes in getting more out of the sport.
InStep Devon, set up by Exeter runners Tony Gale and John Caswell, brings together eight of the biggest and most established running clubs covering Exeter, East and Mid Devon. The running clubs and England Athletics have joined together with the common aim of boosting the profile and offerings of an increasingly popular sport.
Tony Gale and John Caswell both spotted the opportunity to link up local running groups in order to boost the range and quality of events and training currently on offer. They have already successfully gained the support of various running clubs as well as obtaining funding from Active Devon and England Athletics.
Not only does InStep wish to achieve promotion of running events and opportunities, but they also aim to link groups together to share facilities, equipment and expertise. They also wish to recruit training and development coaches to assist established groups improve. Another aim is to build partnership opportunities with schools, colleges, and other sports organisations.
InStep will be officially launched on Thursday 15th August at 6:30pm as part of the Exeter 10k race at Haven Banks. People will be able to pick up leaflets and learn more about what the running network has to offer.
Anneliese Heard, from the England Athletics Club and Coach Support Officer for Devon, Cornwall, and Dorset said “England Athletics is really looking forward to supporting the new Instep Devon network. They have some fantastic ideas and plans for the forthcoming year and beyond.
“It is great that the clubs in the area are now being supported by an Athletics Network with so many passionate and committed volunteers onboard, driving both athletics and road running forward in the region.”
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 8 Lancashire and the Lake District dominate the 2021 National Food Awards top 100 listings
- 9 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 10 Theatre review: Bat Out of Hell The Musical
For more information visit instepdevon.org.uk