James Milner’s What Happens in Vegas charity ball raises £130,000
- Credit: Manchester City FC/Press Association Images
Manchester City footballers enjoyed Las Vegas style fun to raise a fabulous £130,000 for three major charities
Manchester City footballers turned out in style to support their team mate James Milner’s annual charity bash.
‘What Happens in Vegas’ was held at EventCity and hosted by James and his partner Amy Fletcher in aid of his charitable foundation. The event featured a line-up of some of Britain’s finest entertainment mixed with a few Vegas favourites. Guests included Frank Lampard and fiancee Christine Bleakley, MCFC and England goalie Joe Hart, as well as David Silva, Jesus Navas, and Martin Demichelis among many more.
VIP guests were treated to a champagne reception before making their way to the main event where each area was themed to represent some of Las Vegas’ most famous landmarks, including the MGM Grand, The Bellagio Fountains, Caesar’s Palace and much more. The occasion, organised by award-winning events company Entertainment Today, was attended by over 600 guests who enjoyed dinner while being entertained by a tribute to Las Vegas resident performer Celine Dion, alongside star of ITV2 show Tricked, Ben Hanlin.
After a charity auction, chart-topping indie band, The Kaiser Chiefs took to the stage. The crowd went wild for the eccentric performance, fronted by The Voice judge Ricky Wilson. Guests didn’t’ have time to relax as this was soon followed by a stunning performance from 2008 X Factor winner, Alexandra Burke who stepped in, with only 24 hours notice, to replace Ruth Lorenzo who had to pull out due to illness. Guests also enjoyed dodgems, waltzers and a casino.
The event raised a staggering £130,000 for The James Milner Foundation which benefits three charities: NSPCC, Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research and Help for Heroes. The James Milner Foundation promotes healthy recreation for the benefit of young people by the development and provision of opportunities in sports, in particular football, rugby and cricket.
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 10 6 great walks near Grassington