Jean-Christophe Novelli hosts charity Ladies Who Lunch event at Stanley House Hotel and Spa
- Credit: Archant
Multi award-winning chef and TV favourite Jean-Christophe Novelli has helped to raise over £1,600 by hosting the Ladies Who Lunch event at Stanley House Hotel and Spa.
One of the nation’s favourite chefs Jean-Christophe, entertained more than 200 guests at the Mellor hotel’s sell-out event in aid of the venue’s charity of the year, Rosemere Cancer Foundation.
Guests were treated to a drinks reception and a host of Lancashire’s finest stalls selling products for the festive period, before being served a two-course menu.
Afterwards guests were treated to a speech from Jean-Christophe on how he became a household name in culinary excellence.
Jean-Christophe spoke of his love of food which stemmed from his mother. He commented: “I was always in the kitchen and cooking was a huge part of how our family socialised – my mother will always be the best cook in the world.
“I came to Britain many years ago and the key advice I received was that cooking is the only thing that involves all five of the human senses so it must be very important, apart from being in love that is.”
Jean-Christophe also paid tribute to the newly appointed head chef at Stanley House, Jon Riding. He asked for Jon to be applauded in to the room and said: “Congratulations on presenting me with such wonderful food today, it’s no easy task cooking for this many ladies and a chef!”
- 1 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 2 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 7 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
“I have thoroughly enjoyed myself today and each and every guest should be very proud to have raised so much for such a worthy cause.”
Guests were able to mingle with Jean-Christophe and gain an exclusive signing of his new book, ‘Simply Novelli’. Over 50 copies of the book were sold with a percentage of each book gong towards charity.
Jean-Christophe also contributed to the luxury raffle prizes by giving away five tickets to his cookery school in Luton which totalled over £1,500.
Jean-Christophe joins a list of celebrity guests who have hosted the event including star baker, Paul Hollywood and broadcast legend Anne Diamond.