Lab and workshop space created at Abingdon-based Culham Innovation Centre
- Credit: Archant
Culham Innovation Centre located at Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, is undergoing a two-phase refurbishment to create 2,000 sq. ft. of laboratory and workshop space in addition to a new conference room facility.
Science and technology businesses that move to the centre will benefit from free consultancy or workshop services from leading engineers at Culham Centre for Fusion Energy.
The laboratory and workshop space is available now and will be welcomed by science companies in Oxfordshire with the recently reported shortage in laboratory space.
David Roberts, Assistant Centre Manager, Culham Innovation Centre, said: “Oxfordshire’s science and technology community is thriving and Culham Innovation Centre is a perfect fit for university spin-outs, start-ups and growing businesses who can benefit from CCFE’s expertise in addition to being surrounded by like-minded businesses already established at the centre.”
“Our regular coffee morning is infamous amongst our centre community and has helped to form the basis of much successful collaboration.” Culham Innovation Centre, managed by Oxford Innovation, is currently home to over 50 employees from a variety of science and technology businesses including Culham Electromagnetics, AMR and Tokamak Energy.
The centre is part of the Science Vale and has over 10,000 sq. ft. of office, lab, workshop and meeting room space with offices available from just 100 sq. ft.
Sandie Alcock, centre Manager at Culham Innovation Centre said: “Businesses can either take individual lab, workshop or office space or a combination of all three. However, we recognise that business needs often change so we maintain the flexibility of just one month’s notice period to allow companies to expand or take a smaller space, according to their current demand.”
- 1 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 2 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 8 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 9 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 10 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
Phase two of the refurbishment work involves the fit-out of a new conference room facility with stateof- the-art equipment, due for completion this month.