Lambing Sunday at Bicton College
- Credit: Archant
A fantastic family day out for all ages at Bicton College, East Budleigh on Sunday 16th March from 10am to 4pm.
Take a tractor and trailer ride to the farm and meet the Bicton baby lambs, calves and piglets. Hold and feed the new arrivals and watch afternoon milking time for the cows.
Older children can have a go at low ropes, bike workshops or brave the tree tops swing as well as the many water activities that will be taking place on the lake. Anyone can have a shot at being a soldier with the military academy’s shooting range or by learning some survival skills, from making a basic shelter to building a campfire. In case of the bad weather continuing we have plenty of family friendly indoor activities, making use of the picturesque Bicton House and main hall.
Come and see wool spinning, knitting and felt making demonstrations and watch the whole process from sheep to clothing.
Hold some of the Bicton Bugs - hissing cockroaches, giant stick insects, land snails and giant millipedes, or you could bring your dog along for the family dog show and agility sessions.
On site there will also be plenty of food and drinks outlets available including a Costa Coffee, BBQ, carvery roast and licensed bar. We will also be launching The Bicton Herdsman; this is a new enterprise supplying Bicton quality meat which will be sold at our farm on the day and hopefully throughout the year.
This year Bicton College is also holding a primary school competition; a chance for children aged 4-11 years old to win an ‘Adopt-A-Lemur’ prize. The winners will receive unlimited access to their Lemur, an adoption certificate, cuddly lemur toy and a 6monthly update on their Lemur’s progress. Please go to www.bicton.ac.uk and click on the banner at the top of the homepage for your chance to win.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
Event organiser Sarah Adam said, “We’re particularly excited about Lambing Sunday this year. Visitors can meet our new lambs, piglets and calves and join in many exciting activities such as kayaking, tractor rides, dog shows, competitions and equine displays. It’s a perfect way to spend Sunday with family and friends.”
No pre-booking required, simply turn up on the day – tickets available on the gate.
For more information visit www.bicton.ac.uk or call 01395 562300.