Lancashire Life Dinner - Ribby Hall Village, Wrea Green
- Credit: Archant
One of the region’s top leisure destinations celebrates 20 years in business with a Lancashire Life dinner
Twenty years spent creating one of the north west’s most successful holiday and leisure destinations was celebrated by friends, customers and suppliers at a special Lancashire Life dinner.
The Private Dining Room at Ribby Hall Village in Wrea Green provided a stunning backdrop to an evening of fine food and excellent wine. Lancashire Life editor Roger Borrell paid tribute to a the vision of managing director and owner, Paul Harrison, who created a vibrant village containing a wide range of facilities, including award-winning holiday lets, restaurants, a spa hotel, wedding and conference venues and health club.
Mr Harrison, accompanied by his wife, Janet, who was responsible for the interior design, paid tribute to the team who had helped to build a business with a handful of staff to more than 400 employees.
The beautifully decorated dining room was recently refurbished and it can now accommodate up to 100 guests for a buffet or 64 for a sit-down meal. It is 100 per cent sound-proofed and has its own private bar.
Manager Bevan Middleton guided guests to their seats and head chef Simon Ball and his team treated them to a series of dishes that demonstrated great skill and imagination. It was accompanied by some first rate wines from Hallgarten Druitt.
Other sponsors for the evening included Suzanne and Dorothy Wilson, of Poppies Florist; Tony and Vicky Hoban from butchers John Penny & Sons; Carl and Marie Richardson, of Oliver Kay Produce, and Gornall’s Dairy Foods.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 3 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 4 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 7 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 8 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
Guests were entertained by guitarist and singer James Edgar.
For more information please call 01772 671155 or visit ribbyhall.co.uk/dining
A selection of chef’s little treats
Tedeschi Soave Classico 2012, Veneto, Italy
Salad of caramelised baby pears, Garstang blue cheese, candied walnuts, lemon and pear fluid gel
Saint Clair Riesling 2013, Marlborough, New Zealand
Trio of pork, roasted loin, braised cheek, brawn croquette
Carmen Carmenere Gran Reserva 2011, Apalta, Chile
Assiette of chocolate desserts
Gerard Bertrand Rivesaltes 1988, Languedoc, France
A selection of Simon’s favourite cheeses
Peter Lehmann Botrytis Semillon 2011, South Australia
Freshly ground coffee and petit fours