Learn hand embroidery in Rugby with the Royal School of Needlework
- Credit: Archant
Promotional feature: Based in Rugby in the West Midlands, Royal School of Needlework (RSN) provides expert and enthusiastic tutors who share their passion for hand embroidery with beginners and advanced students alike.
The current trends in vintage and hand-crafting, together with the popularity of programmes such as the Great British Sewing Bee and Kirstie Allsopp’s Handmade Britain, have all led to an increase in students attending RSN classes and picking up their needles for the first time.
Beginners may like to try the ‘Introduction’ to hand embroidery Day Classes that run on selected weekends through the year where students have fun learning traditional hand embroidery stitches and meeting like-minded people. They may have learnt at school and now with free time have picked up a creative hobby again, or can remember a relative stitching and want to pick up on that creative family link. Some attend classes to add a USP to their existing skill set for their own businesses, others so they might contribute to community stitching projects.
Many students progress to studying the RSN Certificate and Diploma course under the expert eye of RSN Tutor Nicola Jarvis. This course teaches technical hand embroidery techniques such as Jacobean Crewelwork, Blackwork, Silk Shading and Goldwork (each technique requires 8 days tuition). There are flexible attendance options and students can opt to attend weekly, one day a month or fit the course around other commitments. Students learn to a very high technical standard, to the extent that they could become freelance teachers in their own right.
Day Class venue: The Masonic Buildings, Elsee Road, Rugby CV21 3BA
Certificate and Diploma venue: Rugby Library & Information Centre, CV21 3BZ
You can see the Summer Exhibition of RSN Rugby students’ work July 14 – 23 at Rugby Library & Information Gallery
For more information visit www.royal-needlework.org.uk/learn
- 1 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 2 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 5 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 6 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Nicolas Cage: From Hollywood to Somerset
- 9 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 10 6 places to view snowdrops in Yorkshire
T: 020 3166 6937