Little Sussex: Books By Vanessa Lewis, The Book Nook
By Vanessa Lewis, The Book Nook, First Avenue, Hove BN3 2FJ, 01273 911988, www.booknookuk.com
Young children will absolutely love Aliens Love Panta Claus as the mischievous aliens from the hugely susccessful Aliens Love Underpants fly down to Lapland to give Santa Claus a hand. You can’t help but chuckle as the elves are dressed in frilly knickers, the reindeer in neon pants and even Santa’s sack is swapped for a pair of giant bloomers. Bright bold illustrations and a playful rhyming text make this a fun and festive treat in the build up to Christmas.
This beautiful book presents The Twelve Days of Christmas in vibrant warm colours and glorious detailed illustrations that make each page a visual feast. The opening spread offers much to explore, with snow falling on a warm convivial row of houses preparing for Christmas and the joy it brings. If you want some festive cheer, take your time and enjoy author Jane Ray’s stunning interpretation again and again.
Local author David Logan has produced a compelling read for Christmas in Lost Christmas which opens with a young boy’s happiness being destroyed Christmas Eve by the heartbreaking loss of his parents in a car crash. One year later, Goose, the young boy, is prone to stealing, his Nan is struggling with Alzheimer’s and his Uncle Frank has separated from his wife. Into this fractured world enters Anthony, who takes Goose on a heartwarming journey that will help heal the cracks in his life. The characters exude warmth and humanity throughout and you can see the television version, starring Eddie Izzard, this Christmas.
- 1 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 2 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 9 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex