Live music and Devon ales at Exeter Castle’s Oktoberfest
- Credit: Archant
Public Service Broadcasting will headline the final night of a three-day festival at Exeter Castle
Oktoberfest will feature live music and a roller disco, with a selection of local ales, food from the Charcoal Barbecue Co and coffee provided by Camper Coffee. It will be an outdoor event but organisers say there will be plenty of cover if it rains.
Despite its name, Oktoberfest actually happens this month, starting on Thursday 25 September with a student evening - although also open to non-students.
On Friday 26 the event runs from 12 noon to 10.30pm and will include a selection of local bands including Sound Of Sirens, The Swing Kings, Zuri Aura and headliners Keiko Rise.
The event will continue on Saturday with Baka Beyond, with more live acts to be announced soon. It will culminate with one of the UK’s most in demand live acts Public Service Broadcasting.
Along with the music there will be a roller disco each afternoon, an art corner hosted by local artist Venetia and even a ping pong league to join in!
Tickets can be bought from Exeter Phoenix. A weekend ticket (Friday & Saturday) is available for £19. There are also day tickets available for £10 on Friday and £12 on Saturday. This will be a family friendly event but any U18’s must be accompanied by an adult after 5pm.
Anyone who wants to get involved, perform or contribute should contact Oktoberfest.
- 1 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 4 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 7 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex