Liverpool Cathedral recreated in LEGO
- Credit: Archant
Liverpool Cathedral is playing host to a 2.5m long Lego model of itself - and people are being invited to guess how many bricks it is made from.
The model, which weighs around 100 kilos, was built by Peter Rogers from Stoneycroft in his spare time from June 2013 and finished it on 18th December - on orders from his wife to clear the dining room table for Christmas dinner.
The person with the nearest guess will win a family pass to Legoland Windsor. To enter just post your entry with your details in the postbox housed at Liverpool Cathedral.
A small donation for each guess is welcomed and all money raised goes to the Cathedral Foundation, which helps keep the cathedral free to visitors, goes towards the upkeep of the building and supports the work of the cathedral.
Peter said: “Building the cathedral was a challenge but very enjoyable. There are more intricacies to the building than you first think, such as porches and detailed brickwork. I am delighted that the model is on display at the cathedral itself, especially if it can help raise money for the real thing.”
Tina Morris, Cathedral Fundraiser, said, “Our cathedral is referred to by many as the ’great space’ – it is fantastic that we now have a ‘little space’ to go with it! Money raised by the Cathedral Foundation goes to the upkeep of the building, so when Peter allowed us to display his Lego model, it seemed like the perfect way to illustrate who we are and what we do and why our building is so important to the people of Liverpool.”
The competition closes on April 4th 2014.
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 10 great hill walks in Cheshire