What’s inside the latest issue of Living Edge?
- Credit: Archant
Living Edge magazine August 2018 – FREE to read online now
You think it’s all over…and then it comes right back at you! Could this be the summer we’ve all been waiting for? Usually of course we have a week of sunshine in June, then the day the school holidays start is dull, damp and dreary, setting the scene until the start of September when bang, here comes the sun again. It’s all been rather wonderfully odd this year: the best thing – even as the sun shines, the sales are on, so those marvellous summer fashion bargains can get immediate and extended airings! Hurrah!
This is the month of the outdoor festival of course and with Pub in the Park and Rewind heading to Cheshire in the next few weeks, we caught up with two of the stars. Tiffany swept to fame in 1987, aged 14, but soon disappeared from our radars – now she’s back and kicking ass and showing us just why she’s earned her place in the firmament. Candice Brown has a rather different, but equally inspiring, story: winner of GBBO in 2016, women across the UK can completely relate to her good humour, determination and love of confidence boosting lippy and heels. Different histories, same story: never give up, hold your head high and be the best you can be…and the rest will follow.
Kate Houghton, Editor
10 What’s On – August
- 1 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 4 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 5 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
People & Places
Juniper raises the bar
Meet Joe Liptrot
Moving on, moving up…
Handbag’s new dawn
Home & Garden
Time for sleep
Community is all
Packing it in