Local artist Sheridan Jones’s first solo show at Stroud’s Pink Cabbage Gallery
- Credit: Archant
Exposed: Photos by Sheridan Jones
Local artist Sheridan Jones has her first solo show at the Pink Cabbage gallery in Stroud this September.
Sheridan Jones’s introspective self portraits speak of darkness and fear. Her first career was as a circus performer - she used to hang by her hair, having been taught the secret by a Venezulan performer. An accident ended her career – and her marriage to a Romanian acrobat – and the desire for a similarly creative act of self expression was born.
A self-proclaimed ‘punk photographer’, Jones’s self-taught photography is driven from a desire to challenge censorship – of her self, of others and of the way many of us restrain our own creativity.
An artist of her time, she first published her work through the medium of Facebook, creating an online following. This is her first show.
Exposed opens on Friday, September 13, 2013.
- 1 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 2 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 3 Scarborough's spectacular BIG day out for national Armed Forces Day
- 4 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 10 reasons you should visit Canterbury
- 9 Don't miss Hampton Court Palace's divine tulip display this spring
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
The Pink Cabbage, 1 Middle Street, Stroud, GL5 1DZ.