Local artist Sheridan Jones’s first solo show at Stroud’s Pink Cabbage Gallery
- Credit: Archant
Exposed: Photos by Sheridan Jones
Local artist Sheridan Jones has her first solo show at the Pink Cabbage gallery in Stroud this September.
Sheridan Jones’s introspective self portraits speak of darkness and fear. Her first career was as a circus performer - she used to hang by her hair, having been taught the secret by a Venezulan performer. An accident ended her career – and her marriage to a Romanian acrobat – and the desire for a similarly creative act of self expression was born.
A self-proclaimed ‘punk photographer’, Jones’s self-taught photography is driven from a desire to challenge censorship – of her self, of others and of the way many of us restrain our own creativity.
An artist of her time, she first published her work through the medium of Facebook, creating an online following. This is her first show.
Exposed opens on Friday, September 13, 2013.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
The Pink Cabbage, 1 Middle Street, Stroud, GL5 1DZ.