Local business goes the extra mile for charity
- Credit: Archant
Journey Begins is offering the ‘challenge of a lifetime’ to raise funds for Children’s Hospice South west
Journey Begins - a local, family run cycling and adventure holiday company, is offering people the chance to take part in the Route des Grandes Alpes cycling challenge.
The bike ride starts in Thonon les Bains on the shores of Lake Geneva and runs over the highest mountain passes in the French Alps to Nice on the Cote d’Azur.
Journey Begins is running the charity event where participants will have to raise a minimum of £1500 sponsorship to take part in the epic cycle, which will take seven days to complete.
Childern’s Hospice South West and Journey Begins are hoping to recruit a total of 30 cyclists to take part in the challenge, which will take place in September this year.
Journey Begins wants to raise as much money as possible for the three hospices which support children with life threatening and or limiting medical conditions throughout the South West.
For Journey Begins director, Nicola Jeffery, the charity is close to her heart. She has two children with disabilities, one of whom has a medical condition that is life threatening and life limiting.
- 1 It’s a Cotswold hat-trick at Chelsea!
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 12 great things to do in Tiverton
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 7 Kent's Tom enters the Great British Bake Off tent
- 8 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 9 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 10 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
“We’ve been very well supported over the years by the team at Little Bridge House. We really want to give something back to say thank you,” she says.
Nicola will be riding the event herself. If you want to join her, call her on 01392 832009 or visit the Journey Begins website and start fundraising!