Local Takeaway Restaurant gives up its Boxing Day Takings for the RNLI
Pappadoms is an Asian takeaway restaurant in Milton on the edge of Weston-super-Mare. On Boxing Day 2012 they opened as usual but all their takings were donated to the volunteers of Weston RNLI. The sum donated was £1,335
Pappadoms is an Asian takeaway restaurant in Milton on the edge of Weston-super-Mare. On Boxing Day 2012 they opened as usual but all their takings were donated to the volunteers of Weston RNLI. The sum donated was £1,335.
A different charity is chosen by the restaurant each year. On Boxing Day they open from 5 pm until 10.30 pm and most of their employees work for free. They do not take any money for any raw materials or any other kind of expenses. Whatever they take they donate to the nominated Charity.
The proprietor, Sayd Ahmed, his wife Saira Khatun and their son Samir Ahmed were invited down to Anchor Head where the lifeboats were brought close inshore and they presented the cheque.
Pete Elmont, the chair of Weston-super-Mare fundraising branch said: ‘It is only with the generosity of people like this that our crews can continue with their work of saving lives at sea. We are a community resource which works with and depends on its local community’
The picture shows Mr Sayd Ahmed with his son Samir Ahmed presenting the cheque to John Edgerton Preece the Secretary of the Weston-super-Mare Fundraising branch. Crewman David Ridout and Crewman Mark Walker are standing against the D Class lifeboat. The Atlantic lifeboat is in the back ground.
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn