Maize Maze opens at Hilltop Farm in Hunningham
- Credit: Archant
The Warwickshire countryside has a new attraction - an ‘a-Maizing’ maze!
A Maize Maze has opened at Hilltop Farm in Hunningham - challenging young explorers to find the right route through - and learn about the importance of locally produced food along the way.
The Maze, made out of maize and specifically designed for Hilltop Farm, cuts a striking image from the skies, in the shape of a giant sheep.
It opened on Saturday July 19, ready to welcome visitors throughout the summer holidays.
Explorers are challenged not only to find the right way out, but also to complete The Great British Food Hunt along the way, collecting stamps from different stations hidden within the Maze. Each stamp represents a different food and shows the ‘food miles’ meat, veg and fruit can travel before reaching the table.
Lotte Ellis from Hilltop Farm explained: “We love fresh, local produce. This is what the Great British Food Hunt is all about. It might surprise you how many food miles the basics like milk, meat and vegetables can travel before they get to your table. Come and see how many food miles you could save by buying local produce.”
Entry to the Maize Maze costs £4.50 for adults and £3.50 for children. Wellies are advised. It will be open daily between 10am and 6pm until September 7.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
The Maze is next to Hilltop Farm’s café, restaurant and farm shop, with a children’s play area.
Hilltop Farm can be found on the Fosse Way in the village of Hunningham, near Leamington.
Go to www.hilltopfarmshop.com for more, or call 01926 632978.
Alternatively find Hilltop Farm on Facebook.