Management changes at Shaw Gibbs
- Credit: Archant
Peter O’Connell becomes MD and Graham Henley is appointed as Chairman and in series of management changes at Shaw Gibbs
Oxford-based accountancy firm Shaw Gibbs is pleased to announce that in a series of management changes Peter O’Connell has been appointed Managing Director. Graham Henley, who has led the firm since 2009 takes on the role of Chairman. The changes take effect 1 April 2015.
Peter O’Connell says: “This is a very exciting time to be taking on the role of Managing Director. We are well poised to help all our clients - individuals and businesses - benefit from the growing confidence returning to the economy. Shaw Gibbs is a close-knit, highly skilled team and this is a great opportunity to build our service offerings as we enter a new period of development and growth.”
Graham Henley says: “The last six years have been incredible for me as I have led the firm through the biggest period of change in its history. Accountancy is very much a ‘people’ business and as a firm we have always taken a personal approach. With this in mind, I am looking forward to being able to help and mentor our clients even more and to be an ambassador for Shaw Gibbs as we continue to grow.”
Peter O’Connell also leads the firm’s Corporate Finance team. He has a strong reputation for his work with owner-managed businesses, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, business disposals and financial restructuring. A skilled negotiator and strategist, he is highly regarded as a team player who brings Shaw Gibbs’ specialist services together to provide clients with a truly comprehensive offering. He joined the firm as a trainee and progressed rapidly to become partner in 2005.
Graham Henley has been a partner since 1986 and managing partner for the last six years. Highly regarded as a mentor for firms, especially in times of change, he will continue to develop Shaw Gibbs’ strong relationships with clients and to build its profile as a full-service, highly skilled regional firm.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 9 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 10 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York