Manchester Grammar School celebrate supercar science day
- Credit: Archant
Pupils had a high-powered lesson when prestigious cars came to school
Pupils at Manchester Grammar School (MGS) experienced an exciting science lesson when the Sytner Group – the UK’s leading specialist motor vehicle retailer- brought over £3 million of supercars through the gates. Sytner staff displayed a stunning collection of Rolls-Royces, Bentleys, McLarens and a new Maserati Ghibli, a Maserati Gran Cabrio, the new Rolls-Royce Wraith, two Bentleys and the very popular McLaren 650S.
Arranged by MGS Junior School’s Co-ordinator of Science, Greg Clayton and Jo Brown from Sytner, the day gave the boys an understanding of the history of the motoring industry as well as the scientific processes that are so integral to car manufacturing.
Greg said: ‘Science Day is one of the most popular events in our school calendar and each year it gives teachers a platform to introduce something that is innovative and exciting and ensure that the activities bring out the very the best in our pupils.
‘Beyond the glamour of the cars themselves, we ensured that the day was underpinned by an academic focus. We did this with in-classroom activities as well as presentations from Sytner team on the fascinating history of the manufacturers, the production processes and the people involved in creating the stunning cars.’
Marketing and PR Manager for Maserati Manchester Jo Brown explained: ‘It was great to be able to see the enthusiasm of the pupils and to be able to give them an added treat in our presentations by providing them with a glimpse of the exciting concept cars of the future.’
MGS Head of Junior School, Linda Hamilton: ‘Boys and supercars is a marriage made in heaven! We are so grateful to the representatives who came along to make this Science Day such an exciting and worthwhile learning experience for our pupils.’
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 9 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 10 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery