Marching on Taunton
- Credit: submitted
About 20,000 visitors are set to descend on Taunton for an event which is the first of its kind in the county.
The Somerset Military Tattoo is coming to Taunton on 14 September and is set to make its mark as the first event of its kind for Somerset.
Plans are now well underway for the inaugural running of the ambitious charity event staged by the Somerset branch of The Army Benevolent Fund in association with locally based Royal Marine charity Go Commando.
The event is attracting much interest and has already enlisted sponsorship from Pardoes Solicitors, Agusta Westland, MercedesBenz South West, Higher Sites Web Design and Somerset Life.
The event will take place at Taunton Racecourse with kind permission of the management.
A full musical programme is in preparation with confirmed attendance from The Pipes and Drums of the Wessex Highlanders, Somerset Army Cadet Force Silver Bugles, and the feature attraction, The Military Wives Choir from RM Chivenor.
A varied and interesting array of attractions will be on offer including a display by Avon and Somerset Constabulary Mounted Division and Dog Display Team, Somerset Sea and Royal Marine Cadets Field Gun and a ride in from The Royal British Legion Bikers.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 7 8 great family walks in the North West
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
Much more is in the pipeline so get your tickets soon for this great family day out.
Nigel Muers-Raby, Head Of Marketing for Pardoes Solicitors, commented: “We are so delighted to be part of this exciting event for Somerset and are expecting it to be extremely popular, to raise lots of money for charity, and for it to be one of the local highlights of the summer.
“It has been an ambitious project and a huge team effort to get this off the ground. Furthermore, we are delighted to be working with Somerset Life as our media partner for the event.”