Markey Construction wins Rooftop Housing Group contracts
- Credit: Archant
An affordable housing development on the site of a former vicarage is one of a trio of contracts worth £3 million awarded to Gloucester-based Markey Construction by Rooftop Housing Group.
Work is already underway on the £1.4 million scheme at Frampton Road in Gloucester which sees the old St Stephen’s vicarage demolished to make way for a new vicarage and 15 affordable homes.
Comprising ten flats and five houses, together with the new vicarage, the development is set to revitalise the area and it is due to be completed by the end of the year.
“As a local business, it’s exciting to be working on a scheme that will give a new lease of life to this part of Gloucester,” says Richard Dudgeon, managing director of Markey Construction, which is based on the outskirts of the city.
In addition to the Frampton Road scheme, Markey has also been appointed to build a further six homes for Rooftop Housing Group at Middle Littleton, near Evesham. Due to finish in December, the £500,000 scheme is made up of six properties for local people to rent and buy.
The third contract win, worth £1.1 million, will see Markey continue as the provider of planned maintenance works for Rooftop Housing Group for a third successive year.
Markey’s new contracts follow previous construction schemes carried out for Rooftop at Cowl Street and Port Street in Evesham and Mill Lane in Pershore.
- 1 Cotswold designers win big at Chelsea Flower Show in 2022
- 2 Slade star's wife gets two-book deal – without trading on her famous name
- 3 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 4 The life and death of Manchester Arena bombing victim Martyn Hett
- 5 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 6 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 7 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 22 fab half term and Jubilee activities in Devon
- 9 Where and when to watch The Queen's Jubilee Flypast
- 10 Noddy Holder's wife: my guide to being married to a rock star
“We’re delighted to have extended our contract with Markey and we regard them as a valued partner.”
David Hannon, development director at Rooftop Housing Group, said. He adds, “Our partnership with Markey goes from strength to strength. They understand our commitment to ensuring that the investment we make in local communities delivers high quality results and makes a real difference to people’s lives.”