Medieval themed family days out at Arundel Castle
- Credit: Dmitry Djouce / Flickr
Get ready to travel back in time with a whole load of fun activities this summer at Arundel Castle and Gardens, from jousting to medieval weekends.
Some events may be subject to change or become virtual due to the ongoing pandemic.
Immerse yourself in the middle ages with a weekend of fun, including sword-fighting displays, birds of prey, archery, food and drink and the sweet melody of medieval music while you explore Arundel Castle
Choose your weekend adventure from the following dates:
Sat 29th May - Mon 31st May
Sat 26th June - Sun 27th June
- 1 The Cheshire choirs singing for Christmas
- 2 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 3 WIN £250 worth of Christmas food and drink
- 4 Win a winter break at the Shireburn Arms in the heart of the Ribble Valley
- 5 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 6 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 7 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 8 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
Sat 10th July - Sun 11th July
Sat 14th August - Sun 15th August
12,000 years of Combat
Covering everything from the Stone Age to the Victorian Era, this exciting event is not one to miss. Make sure you pop by the medieval blacksmith's tent to witness the forging of weapons.
Saturday 28th - Monday 30th August
Meet characters in authentic period costumes, try your hand at a spot of Archery and be amazed by the falconer with birds of prey displays. There's also cookery demonstrations and a plethora of craftsmen that you can purchase unique souvenirs from.
Choose your history adventure from the following dates:
Thursday 3rd June
Thursday 5th August
Thursday 26th August
Friday 27th August
The 12th International Jousting Tournament promises to be one of the most exciting events of the year. Watch horses thunder down the tilt rail over six days of medieval madness with plenty of other sights and sounds to behold, such as traditional music by the fabulous duo Myal and Peg behind Myal Pyper and artisan food and craft stools.
Tuesday 27 July 2021 – Sunday 1 August 2021