Medieval themed family days out at Arundel Castle
- Credit: Dmitry Djouce / Flickr
Get ready to travel back in time with a whole load of fun activities this summer at Arundel Castle and Gardens, from jousting to medieval weekends.
Some events may be subject to change or become virtual due to the ongoing pandemic.
Immerse yourself in the middle ages with a weekend of fun, including sword-fighting displays, birds of prey, archery, food and drink and the sweet melody of medieval music while you explore Arundel Castle
Choose your weekend adventure from the following dates:
Sat 29th May - Mon 31st May
Sat 26th June - Sun 27th June
- 1 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 2 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 7 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 8 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 9 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 10 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
Sat 10th July - Sun 11th July
Sat 14th August - Sun 15th August
12,000 years of Combat
Covering everything from the Stone Age to the Victorian Era, this exciting event is not one to miss. Make sure you pop by the medieval blacksmith's tent to witness the forging of weapons.
Saturday 28th - Monday 30th August
Meet characters in authentic period costumes, try your hand at a spot of Archery and be amazed by the falconer with birds of prey displays. There's also cookery demonstrations and a plethora of craftsmen that you can purchase unique souvenirs from.
Choose your history adventure from the following dates:
Thursday 3rd June
Thursday 5th August
Thursday 26th August
Friday 27th August
The 12th International Jousting Tournament promises to be one of the most exciting events of the year. Watch horses thunder down the tilt rail over six days of medieval madness with plenty of other sights and sounds to behold, such as traditional music by the fabulous duo Myal and Peg behind Myal Pyper and artisan food and craft stools.
Tuesday 27 July 2021 – Sunday 1 August 2021