Messiah comes to Cheltenham
- Credit: Archant
The Cheltenham Choral Society is celebrating its 75th birthday this year. They are marking the occasion in November with a performance of ‘Messiah’ by G. F. Handel, featuring the society’s president, opera singer Dame Felicity Lott.
Born and educated in Cheltenham, Dame Felicity Lott studied singing at the Royal Academy and has performed with major orchestras in prestigious venues across the world. She has a wide operatic repertoire and is particularly known for her interpretation of the great roles of Mozart and Strauss. Her recordings include songs in both English and French, and she recently sang in Gloucester Cathedral at the Ivor Gurney Memorial Festival.
In a rare return visit to Cheltenham, Flott, as she is affectionately known, will be joined by Sophie Dodds (contralto), James Brown (tenor) Brian Pursey (bass) and the English Concertante Orchestra, led by George Ewart and conducted by Ian Higginson.
The concert takes place on Saturday, November 30 2013 at 7.30 pm in St Matthew’s Church, Clarence Street, Cheltenham.
Tickets are £15 each, under-13s are free to attend.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks
Cheltenham Tourist Office, 77 Promenade, Cheltenham
Telephone: 01242 522878;
Art Gallery and Museum, Clarence Street, Cheltenham tel:01242 237431
Telephone: 01242 237431
For more information on the Cheltenham Choral Society:
Telephone: 01242 580596
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org