Mid-Somerset Show fun
- Credit: sub
The event celebrated its 160th year last year and with the cider drinking musical wonders the Wurzels scheduled to return to the 2013 show on 18 August, plans are well underway for the 161st.
The show is a fantastic family day out and offers a number of attractions - from dog shows and cheese tasting to livestock displays and craft stalls.
An acoustic stage will be a new feature of the one-day event.
Christine Barham, show secretary at the Mid-Somerset Show, said: “The acoustic stage will be a great addition to the show and we have already had a number of acts come forward to be part of the programme on the day.
“We want the stage to host a variety of acts as the show has always focused on being a great family day out and ensuring that there is something for everyone and this new attraction will certainly continue that tradition.”
The acoustic stage will be supported on the day by Nunney Acoustic Café, which will also be providing light refreshments around the stage area for spectators on the day.
The flower show and floral art categories range from tea for two to a riot of colour and a number of children’s categories ensure that there is something for everyone.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 8 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 9 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks
The continued success of the Mid-Somerset Show is down to the visitors that attend each year and the dedicated team of volunteers who help to plan and run the show on the day.
Organisers of the show are always looking for more help in the build-up to the event and on show day itself. If you would be interested in becoming a show volunteer, please contact the Show Secretary, Christine Barham, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01749 347607. n