Mitchells & Butlers acquires land at Milton Gate in Oxfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Mitchells & Butlers, the largest operator of restaurants, pubs and bars in the UK, is the latest business to open at Milton Gate in South Oxfordshire having acquired 0.82 acres of land from MEPC to build a new Harvester restaurant.
The new family friendly restaurant, which offers great value menus which are packed with everything from tasty grills to indulgent desserts, is set to total 6,000 sq ft. With more than 200 Harvester restaurants nationwide, the latest announcement is part of Mitchells & Butlers’ strong expansion strategy.
Plans were approved by the Vale of White Horse, with the opening planned to take place in mid-2015.
Rob Wickenden, acquisitions manager, Mitchells & Butlers said: “We are rapidly expanding our market leading restaurant and pub brands through a strategic property acquisition and development programme, one of which is our very popular Harvester brand. Our focus is on leasehold and freehold sites in prominent, accessible areas with high footfall and/or traffic flows, and Milton Gate has offered us just that. We will be building a superb new restaurant which will benefit Didcot and the surrounding area.”
Philip Campbell, head of asset management at MEPC’s Milton Park said: “Harvester is the fourth business to choose Milton Gate, following the recently announced Ridgeway Volkswagen showroom, Costa drive through café and MM Bellinger & Sons’ Vauxhall dealership. From the original 9.07 acres which was put on the market, 3.33 acres remain for which we are in various advanced discussions.
“We welcome Harvester as it will provide the local area with its famous great value meals and great evening and weekend family dining.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes