Monk Fryston Hall
- Credit: Archant
This former manor house dating back to the 12th century is set in 30 acres of delightful gardens and mature woodland, with its own lake and famous replica Lucerne Bridge.
Monk Fryston Hall was sympathetically renovated to a hotel in the 1950’s when the house was owned by the Duke of Rutland and retains much of its original character including oak panelling, inglenook fireplaces and stone mullioned windows.
Located in the tranquil, rural village of Monk Fryston deep in the Vale of York, the hotel is only a short drive from the A1M and M62 motorways making it an unique venue for business and leisure guests visiting York and Leeds or travelling further afield. An ideal base to relax and unwind away from the bustle of everyday life!
The oldest part of the hotel dates back over 900 years where the original building contained vaulted ceilings, a wealth of stonework and inglenook fireplaces. The building was a monastery around the 12th / 13th Century when land was given to Benedictine monks by the Bishop of York. This elegant country manor house with many original features and beautiful ornate gardens provides the perfect backdrop for your memorable photographs and an idyllic venue for your Wedding Day.
We have a choice of Reception rooms to suit your numbers of guests, an excellent selection of menus all freshly prepared and a varied wine list to suit all tastes. We hold a Civil Ceremony Licence so you can arrange your wedding ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception all ‘in house’. Our dedicated team will be delighted to arrange an appointment for you to have a look round, discuss your thoughts and details and to help you plan your day.
Nothing is too much trouble and we pride ourselves on warm hospitality and superb service.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further details or wish to arrange an appointment to have a look round.
- 1 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 2 Welcome to Cornwall's most expensive village
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 5 A Cotswold nursery bags three awards at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 6 of the hottest property features for 2021/2022
- 7 Fish and chip shops in Dorset you need to try
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Monk Fryston Hall Main Street, Leeds, LS25 5DU
Telephone: +44 (0) 1977 682 369
Fax: 01977 683 544