Mortehoe Museum to host Big Band Night
- Credit: Archant
A Big Band Night featuring the well-known ‘Cedars Big Band’ is to be held in Woolacomb e next month (Friday 11th July).
Hosted by Mortehoe Museum, the night will include music, dancing and a light supper and will take place at Woolacombe Village Hall.
The Cedars Big Band, who are a familiar local name, play mainly swing music from the 30s, 40s and 50s.
Colin Hood, Chair of the Friends of Mortehoe Museum said: “This is the first time we have arranged this type of event, which promises to be a great night. It’s a chance to have some fun and raise funds at the same time and we hope that locals and visitors come along and support the Museum and our work.”
The museum, based in the centre of Mortehoe, celebrates the history and culture of the village and provides information on local shipwrecks, an introduction to the flora and fauna of North Devon, the birth and development of tourism, farming and country skills.
All proceeds will go to the museum which relies solely on fundraising to survive – the museum holds a number of events throughout the year including an annual Bluebell Walk.
The Big Band Night will take place on Friday 11th July at 7.30pm at Woolacombe Village Hall, Beach Road, Woolacombe. Entry is by ticket only, cost £10 which includes a light supper. Tickets are available by calling 01271 871077, from Mortehoe Post Office or from Shirley’s Newsagents, Woolacombe.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
The event is supported by Lyn Financial Services which has offices in Barnstaple, Lynton, Minehead and Taunton.