Mortehoe Museum to host Big Band Night
- Credit: Archant
A Big Band Night featuring the well-known ‘Cedars Big Band’ is to be held in Woolacomb e next month (Friday 11th July).
Hosted by Mortehoe Museum, the night will include music, dancing and a light supper and will take place at Woolacombe Village Hall.
The Cedars Big Band, who are a familiar local name, play mainly swing music from the 30s, 40s and 50s.
Colin Hood, Chair of the Friends of Mortehoe Museum said: “This is the first time we have arranged this type of event, which promises to be a great night. It’s a chance to have some fun and raise funds at the same time and we hope that locals and visitors come along and support the Museum and our work.”
The museum, based in the centre of Mortehoe, celebrates the history and culture of the village and provides information on local shipwrecks, an introduction to the flora and fauna of North Devon, the birth and development of tourism, farming and country skills.
All proceeds will go to the museum which relies solely on fundraising to survive – the museum holds a number of events throughout the year including an annual Bluebell Walk.
The Big Band Night will take place on Friday 11th July at 7.30pm at Woolacombe Village Hall, Beach Road, Woolacombe. Entry is by ticket only, cost £10 which includes a light supper. Tickets are available by calling 01271 871077, from Mortehoe Post Office or from Shirley’s Newsagents, Woolacombe.
- 1 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 2 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 3 Restaurant review: The Victoria, Oxshott
- 4 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 5 Yorkshire's top 6 gastropubs named
- 6 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 7 Things you may not know about Sarah Beeny's New Life In The Country
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Win £250 to spend on beauty treatments at M&M Aesthetics
- 10 Behind the scenes of Sussex film Vindication Swim
The event is supported by Lyn Financial Services which has offices in Barnstaple, Lynton, Minehead and Taunton.