Mother’s Day at the Eden Project
- Credit: APEX
Take your mum on a floral tour of the world at Eden on Mother’s Day
Mums will be the stars of the show at the Eden Project on Sunday (March 30) as the garden bursts into vivid colour for Mother’s Day.
To mark the special day, all mothers and grandmothers will be allowed into Eden free of charge on the day provided they are with at least one of their children or grandchildren.
Eden is also creating a special Mother’s Day lunch in the Gallery overlooking the Biomes where mums (and grans) will be treated to a free drink from the menu.
And to top off a special day, Eden will give every mum and gran a gift voucher for a free afternoon tea for two so that they can return at their leisure on another day.
Thanks to the mild winter Eden is enjoying its most dazzling spring for years both indoors and out.
In the Mediterranean Biome alone, more than 25,000 tulips are flowering - twice as many as last year. Outdoors there are many varieties of daffodil and other flowers, shrubs and trees to appreciate as they reach their spring peak.
- 1 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 2 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 5 Behind the scenes of Sussex film Vindication Swim
- 6 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Kelvin Fletcher's Big Farming Adventure
- 8 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 A guide to moving to Somerset
Rita Broe, Eden’s marketing director, said: “We want to make all mums who come to Eden on Sunday feel extra special. We’re sure the whole family will enjoy the dazzling sights and scents of spring both inside and outside the Biomes.
“Families will be able to take their mums on a floral tour of the world around the site and will certainly not want to miss the kaleidoscope of beautiful tulips in the Med.”
For those who would like to partake, Eden has devised a fabulous Mother’s Day three-course lunch menu, including Cornish spring lamb, roast fillet of sea bass and baked Portobello mushroom, which will make a perfect treat for all mums and families. Mother’s Day Lunches in the Gallery cost £19.50, with two courses for children at £9.50.
Bookings for the lunch can be made through www.edenproject.com.