New art gallery supports Maggie’s
- Credit: Archant
An exciting new art gallery is opening in Cheltenham
‘one4Art’ is an exciting new Art venue, based on the raised ground floor of No.14 Imperial Square (which also houses a boutique B&B – www.one4bandb.com) at the end of the terrace, right next to The Town Hall.
It is a new venture for Nick Purchase and Doug Chome Wilson, both Art lovers who have been collecting and dealing in Art for many years, with previous galleries in Sherborne and Bath. Ultimately the space will be used for one or two artist exhibitions, but the first show is of work by several artists to give the flavour and direction of the new gallery.
one4art will be opening with three evenings of private views starting on Thursday, May 30 at 6–8pm and then again on the Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1. Admittance is by invitation only but these are available directly from the gallery – email@example.com – please state which evening you would like to attend.
Nick and Doug are delighted to have teamed up with the local cancer charity Maggie’s, and will be donating 5 per cent of all sales proceeds on the launch weekend to them.
From Monday, June 3, the opening hours will be 10.30am-6pm, Monday to Saturday or by appointment. The show will run for two weeks, finishing on Saturday, June 15 before becoming appointment only for two further weeks.
Nick Purchase, co-curator of one4art, says, “Cheltenham is a wonderful town with room for more art galleries, representing fantastic work by local, national and international artists. We have some interesting, previously unseen work in the pipe line. The exhibition space will also be used for talks and events, ranging from art subjects to wine tastings, making one4 into a local art club for its members on the one4art mailing list. If anyone would like to join, get invitations to shows and events, please apply by email.”
- 1 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 2 Scarborough's spectacular BIG day out for national Armed Forces Day
- 3 12 fab things to do in Paignton
- 4 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 5 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 6 I've been taking time out - here's why, says Susie Fowler-Watt
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 Mike Lowe: How to spot an imposter
- 10 Mother and daughter team Mavis and Michelle Ackerley hunting Dirty Rotten Scammers
Anna Mason, Community Fundraiser at Maggie’s, says, “We would like to thank Nick and Doug of one4art for supporting Maggie’s Cheltenham at their exciting opening. What a wonderful way to support local and national artists and also a great opportunity to raise awareness of Maggie’s.”
• If you would like to find out more about Maggie’s they hold a Maggie’s Welcome Experience on the last Wednesday of every month at 5.30pm for one hour at the centre on College Baths Road, Cheltenham GL53 7QB. Go along, have a cup of tea and experience your Maggie’s Centre. See for yourself how they can make a difference for people with cancer in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire.